Replacing Old or Lost Exam Certificates

Digital exam records are available from 2004 onwards. Queen Elizabeth’s will securely store exam certificates for up to 5 years from date of issue. If you have lost older certificates, you will need to contact the relevant exam board and pay for replacement certificates, a certifying statement of results or a letter of confirmation, dependent on their records.






For exams taken 1965-1987 with exam boards that no longer exist:

Contact AQA: 0800 197 7162

AEB – Associated Examining Board

ALSEB – Association Lancashire Schools Examinations Board

JMB – Joint Matriculation Board

NEA – Northern Examining Association

NEAB – Northern Examinations and Assessment Board

NREB – North Regional Examinations Board

NWREB – North West Regional Examinations Board

NWSSEB – North West Secondary Schools Examinations Board

SEG – Southern Examining Group 

SEREB – South Eastern Regional Examinations Board

SWREB – South West Regional Examinations Board

TWYLREB – The West Yorkshire and Lindsey Regional Examinations Board

YREB – Yorkshire Regional Examinations Board

YHREB – Yorkshire and Humberside Regional Examinations Board


Contact OCR: 01223 553 998

Southern Regional Exams Board

East Midlands/West Midlands Exam Board


Contact Pearson (Edexcel): 0845 618 0440

London and East Anglian/London Regional/Metropolitan Exams/Middlesex Exams Boards

ULEAC University of London Examinations and Assessment Council

ULSEB University of London School Examinations Board

EAEB, LEAG and LREB Regional exam boards within East Anglia, London and Middlesex

UE & SEC University Entrance and School Examinations Council

JEB Joint Examinations Board


Contact WJEC: 01222 575 994

Welsh Joint Education Committee