Safeguarding for Everyone at Queen Elizabeth's Grammar School
What is being safe?
- All students and staff are physically and emotionally cared for
- The school looks after everyone
- No one is verbally or physically abused in any way
- Everyone knows how to use ICT and the internet safely, responsibly and respectfully
- All students are aware of the risks associated with substance abuse
- All students are supported by an ongoing PSHE programme to enhance their safety and wellbeing in a variety of areas
- All students have access to pastoral support at all times
What should students or parents do when in need of help?
- Talk to the Form Tutor
- Talk to the Head of Year
- Email either of the above
- Visit the notice board in the South Vestibule, where students will find the numbers of external support agencies that can help you such as Childline, NSPCC etc.
- If there is a safeguarding concern please contact the Designated Safeguarding Lead (Mrs McIlroy/Mr Larter) directly
Who is responsible for keeping me safe?
Mrs McIlroy - Deputy Headteacher, Pastoral Care and Designated Safeguarding Lead.
Mr Larter - Assistant Headtacher and Designated Safeguarding Lead.
Visitors to the school
If you have any concerns regarding the welfare of any pupils or any safeguarding concerns as a result of your visit please notify staff in reception who will alert a Designated Safeguarding Lead.